Raven Review, Issue 8, June 2019 -Leonard/Coffee
This month, I’m not a writer, so we’ll let the camera do the talking, starting with a photo of the Bamboo Tree almost smothering Coffee the crow (me) when I tried to start singing.
“Help! I can’t see!” – me, Coffee the Crow
Some of you may know that there was a search out for the carp Patch who was lost for a considerable length of time. When he was found, the Royal Guard, happy to find him, pounced all over him. Patch doesn’t look too happy about it.
“Um; I can’t see, you know! Is this on purpose?” – Patch the Carp
Next, we come to wise Mr. Terto. Everyone of Iwatsuki Pond knows him. Or one of his g’zillion hatchlings. Or charming Quasi, anyway. What a lot of people don’t know because Mr. Terto is so quiet is he lived in Duck Pond last year. This is a pic from Sept. 9, ‘18.
“Coffee, Patch, it’s important to learn to see with your heart.” – Mr. Terto the Turtle
Sometimes our eyes are covered or hands tied--things are done we can’t do anything about. We gotta go on “seeing with our heart,” right, Terto? That’s what Bully the white heron is thinking. Because he used his eyes in March to find Serra Fin the carp to say thank you for doing the Review. With heart or eyes—let’s just keep on smiling. --Coffee
“If you see with your eyes, does that make you a looker?” – Bully the Heron