I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

October 11, 2013

I'm not trying to be John Bunyan; I really dreamed this!

Overheard in Backyard
...but they were going after the wrong things.

One night, for some reason, I dreamed I was a teenage-boy...who would sneak out of his bedroom window at night and spend several hours with shady characters downtown, then climb back into the room so that the next morning, my parents found me in bed and never caught on to what I was doing.

In my dream, I was at my window about to make another trip to the city when I heard some whispering in the backyard.  From what I could gather, my father had stored some boxes there labeled "light bulbs", "lampshades", or "extension cords", but they really contained classified armament.  These men had taken these crates to the van on the curb and replaced them with identical cartons of light bulbs, shades, cords...then hired amatuer thugs to steal them!

The next morning, my father hired a detective to hunt down the burglars who had left incriminating evidence all over the place.  With these clues in hand, they set off to find the thieves and stolen goods.  I heard my father muttering, "If only I can get them back...my problems will be solved."  But they wouldn't, I knew.  They were counterfeits to begin with; new problems would commence when they were found.  I woke up then.

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him."  (Ps. 62:5)