I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

October 15, 2013

Mugsshots

favorite mug
pair mugs
I wrote an e-mail thank you to my sister for her gift of a pair of mugs.  It was one of those gifts you can pick out of the catalogue.  Well, I picked the mugs, happily dreaming of a quiet, cozy time Kinya and I would share at the table, reminiscing of how good God has been to us.

My favorite mug is one that a friend gave me.  It kinda "leans forward"--I don't know if it's its uniqueness I like or what, but I'm growing to really really like it, despite the fact there's nothing extraordinarily attractive about it.

Hm.  Maybe that's the way it is with God?  Maybe He really really loves me despite the fact I'm a little different--maybe even likes me because I'm a little different--even if there's nothing about me that's exactly attractive.