 |
| Yesterday's "Larger Kitten" |
Remember the newborn kitten a larger kitten mistook for a mouse and flung into
the air several times before we discovered what was going on and tried to nurse
it back to health--I think its back was broken--but it died the second day (Sept. 20, 2011 post)?
Well, the other kittens in the area disappeared, but this "larger kitten" stayed
around...even after the mother cat disappeared! Emily took her time to gain the
trust of that kitten until it let Emily touch it, let itself be picked up, ate
out of her hand. When we moved, that was the part that made her feel the saddest, Emily
always said: she would have to move away from that cat. If a
cat could talk, that kitty-turned-cat might say to Emily, "I'm really sorry
about that little kitten last year. I really didn't know what I was doing.
Isn't this a little picture of what God does with us, I was thinking. He
doesn't punish us for the cruelties we wreak on others (no matter the degree of
harm we cause) but takes His time--all our lives, sometimes--to gently gain our trust
and waits for us to say, "I'm sorry about what I did before; I really didn't
know what I was doing."
And we get to let ourselves: be touched with the Love of God, find
comforting only He can give, benefit from His nurturing.
"The goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance" (Rom. 2:4)
 |
| Pinoko? Momoko? |
We moved here to Honmaru...and there is a kitty that comes to our
stairwell all the time. The folks in the apartments here must like cats,
because no one has complained so far about its meowing. Well, it started out sounding
like a squeaky door hinge (Emily's description); and it sounds like "meow" now. In fact,
I heard one of the children upstairs come outside, calling out with mews and,
"Momo-chan! Momo-chan!" (I'm pretty sure that's just the name she gave it, like the way Emily referred to the cat as Pinoko-chan for awhile.)
It feels like God
is smiling down on Emily and wants her to feel the warmth of His pleasure.