I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

August 7, 2011

"Have fun...QUIETLY!"

The video taken earlier in the evening wouldn't load!
At the hall where we held our VBS, we were asked not to make a disturbance for the sake of those renting other rooms in the building...as well as out of consideration for those studying at the library on the other end of the building.

Can someone tell me how to tell children to be quiet while shooting turkeys or shooting baskets or doing pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey or throwing footballs through hoops or throwing hoops around prizes or challenging the sheriff to a rock-paper-scissors duel?  There were ten other activities, too.

Last night in our neighborhood, a traditional "matsuri" (festival) was carried on...and the sound carried to the end of the block where we live.

I guess they were having fun also, only they did not have to worry about being quiet for the sake of a library!