I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

August 16, 2011

Getting Out Mime

Remember a few posts ago, I was sorry I hadn't gotten any pics of the mime the Nippon Initiative did for our meeting July 31?
One of the pupils from Joyce's Friday evening English conversation class also came to the "Free English Conversation Coffee Time" a few days before their Sunday Farewell, and she returned to church to say goodbye to the team of Americans leaving that afternoon. It was her first time in church, but she felt the freedom to step out into the center aisle to get these photos of the team doing their mime.

The mime?  It featured getting out of a cage by using keys found in the Bible.

Oh--Daniel, the young man who helped me with my basketball booth, was one of the Nippon Initiative team mummers. That's his brother in the solo role.