I still remember posting about Elisa Mita's being home for several months. I had taken a picture of her at a meeting in a church member's home, with the pet dog Ben. Yesterday was her last home Bible study before returning to the U.S. (to finish up her grad work); so I asked her to pose again with Ben as well as with Eri, the college-age daughter of the family hosting the Bible Study.
Ben is usually a very tame, well-behaved dog. I wonder why he was so restless this time? Could he have known Elisa would be leaving in two days? The toddler grandchild visiting didn't act up--I guess she didn't know one of her favorite people would be disappearing from her life for awhile.
Maybe that's why God doesn't always let us know ahead of time what will be happening in our lives; because we wouldn't hold still if we knew.
I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.