Gotta get up earlier here in Iwatsuki to get out before it gets unbearably hot. But the past few days, mornings here have felt COLD, due to a typhoon that just passed through, bringing down the temperatures. I remember, in Koriyama, hoping it would rain and give us relief from the summer heat ("Water Lessons...", July 29, 2010 post); now I'm going to find myself hoping for typhoons!
...rain...typhoons...I hope for the strangest things sometimes...
But it amazes me how God knows exactly what to do that will make me hope for those things!
pic: That is Bethel Baptist Church's cross--the church is on the 2nd floor, and the Baptist Mid-Missions Bible School is on the 3rd floor. Yup; it is just 15 minutes' walk away!
P.S.(When I got back this morning after walking in the chilly air for half an hour, I found myself happily warming myself with a bowl of oatmeal!)
I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.
