I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

July 28, 2011

Knight Mohican


Night "Mohicans"
 

"Last Mohican"
  "The last Mohican," I remember thinking to myself as I spotted the one remaining bloom on a bush in a neighbor's yard (there really is one flower in the center!) There had been beautiful red-yellow blossoms there before, but when I tried to photograph it once on a night walk, the focus was way off.

And when I got around to taking a walk during the day, when it was brighter, well, most of the flowers were gone. There was only one courageous old soul left--a yellow one--and had it gotten down off its bush and knelt at my feet, I think I would have dubbed it knight.  But it did not seem the least bit interested in knighthood.