| Mmmm! I think I want... THAT one! |
We were enjoying jelly beans at Bethel Baptist--oh; they voted me into its membership!--while fellowshipping and relaxing a Sunday afternoon. Stronger flavors included licorice, sizzling cinnamon, root beer, Dr. Pepper; more mellow tastes were: popcorn, coconut, cheesecake, cotton candy; and there were the usual fruit flavors as well. How was Miki to know she'd picked one of the "zingier" ones?
Yup; life can play mean tricks on us when we decide we know what we need to make us happy. I forget--God knows much, much better than I do!
We've had jelly beans since then, for other reasons. You'd think by now, Miki would've learned to leave the choice up to her mom...like the way, whenever decisions need to be made, I always leave the choice up to God (HA!).
"...no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly" (Ps. 84:11)