 |
| Dead End? |
I went for a walk early this morning. This area used to be a castle, and the story is that the roads around here were made the way they are to keep enemies from gaining entrance too easily. They are atrocious, never going in a straight line but sometimes bending at angles, even intersecting roads they had been paralell with. (???) My daughter Emily warned us when we arrived not to try walking around just to get a feel of the neighborhood because a person could get "distressingly" lost that way--she had wandered around for hours before, wondering if she would ever get home. So I'd taken her up on her advice, never trying to explore too far away from the path; making sure I knew what every turn looked like from every angle so I would be able to get back.
Little by little, I started learning how the roads are situated.
This morning, I actually found a shortcut that would knock about ten minutes off the walk to a grocery store. There's a little path that dips down under the highway, connecting to Namiki, where we live. The path cannot be seen from the other side; the only way I knew it was there was because I had just come a few paces from that place.
Ooh; I feel terribly sleepy all of a sudden...interesting posts will have to wait 'til later. I just want to add God has prepared beautiful blooms and cheerful birdies here too (I'll probably be blogging about it sometime in the future) to welcome me here to Iwatsuki--even with these confusing roads!