![]() |
| Why is the delivery boy looking UP? |
They call it pizza, but "pizza" in Japan costs maybe four times as much (and there are never any buy-one-get-one-free deals) as there are in the U.S., and of course, many look nothing like food by the same name on the other side of the Pacific.
Last week, when we went to Koriyama, I saw a pizza delivery boy on the road. The surgical mask he wore shows the radiation-consciousness of many Japanese today. But I'm sure the masks come off when the pizza is eaten!
![]() |
| Japanese eggs come in tens, not by the dozen |
The forecast for Easter Sunday was rain. But I'm pretty sure all the church folk were praying for good weather on Sunday. God made it rain--hard--on Saturday instead.
The new day dawned into a warm-with-light-breeze day, as if God was encouraging His people to celebrate new life in His Son. Bethel Baptist Church (pastored by missionary Joe Mita, Sept. 3, 2010 post) had its annual Easter potluck picnic, and my sister Joyce took a "fun" food: jello jiggler eggs!
Boxes of jello were among the "Christmas Treats" Ron and Janice (and Jenn!) Allen brought to us when they visited Japan last month. Joyce makes these jello eggs--yum--every Easter, and the church folks were looking forward to them. Thank You God, for bringing Ron, Janice, and Jenn, for making it possible to have the jigglers this year too!
Orange, strawberry, grape, watermelon flavors! Would YOU eat eggs like that? (I did.)
"God...gives us richly all things to enjoy" (I Tim. 6:17b)

