I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

May 4, 2011

Looking at Situations or Looking at God

Nest in "That Tree", 2011
(BEFORE the Quake!)
I tried.  Since we'll be living, not in Koriyama, but in Iwatsuki from now on, I decided I shouldn't be using "Life in Koriyama" anymore to sign my blogs.

But when I tried to get a new identity, it seems my e-mail address and old username are inexorably linked.  I cannot change it!  (Perhaps there is a way, but I don't know how to do it.)  So, I tried simply adding a new author to this blog.  But again, as soon as I entered my e-mail address, the computer recognized me as "Life in Koriyama" so would not let me list myself by a new name.  Help!

While working on tonight's supper, my daughter and I were talking about how even we Christians get fooled into thinking we need to think through our problems to resolve them instead of just applying our efforts to live and leaving the rest up to God.  And then we get all frustrated because molehill-mountains don't turn for us in ways we have decided they should.

My username doesn't have to say "Life in Iwatsuki".  Every time I see "Life in Koriyama", I can get upset and unhappy that things are not as I think they should be.  OR, every time I see "Life in Koriyama", I can remind myself of how fortunate I am to be the child of a Sovereign God Who has taken the reins of my life to protect and bless me no matter where I am.

pic: Do we see the bare branches surrounding the nest, or the life-giving God Who put the nest there?