![]() |
| 罹災証明書 (Risai Shomeisho) |
I was able to get necessary pics of the apartment to procure the damages certificate. I had expected it to take much longer, so was very pleased when we left the makeshift city office, paper in hand, half an hour later. The actual city office building was considerably damaged by the quake, so it functioned across the street, in the lobby of the baseball stadium. In the short time we had in Koriyama, God enabled us to contact/make arrangements with the post office, utility companies, jr. hi school, phone company; and this morning, I got to say goodbyes to church people as well as load the car with things for our new life in Iwatsuki.
God kept the aftershocks away from the highway so we could get back today. Was it God's sense of humor that there were no large tremors in Koriyama the past two days, but there was a strong quake down here? There were many unexpected bumps on the freeway (from the repair of the roads after getting torn up on Mar. 11), but we made it back safely.
