I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

April 15, 2011

Sleeping Face


A part of an e-mail I wrote:

In Feb., while looking at a baby's sleeping face, I said to myself I never tire of seeing that--so sweet.

We can't DO anything to return what Christ has done for us; but we can at least trust God and let Him see our resting faces!

I take that back. Sometimes we can't even trust. God has to work in our hearts then to enable us to trust, doesn't He?

* * *

This afternoon, when Raymond gets back from school, he, Joyce, and I will be driving into Koriyama for a two-day stay.  During that time, we need to take pics of our apartment to: procure a certificate of damages at the city office for Raymond's schooling down in Iwatsuki; and Sun. morning, I'd like to say my goodbyes to the Koriyama Baptist Church folk, since it seems God has led us to move away.  (I'm wondering what to do about my username, "Life in Koriyama", since it looks like it will change to "Life in Iwatsuki".)

Recent after shocks were rather strong.  There are so many everyday that we've gotten rather used to them.  After our last STRONG one, my daughter Emily cheered--why would anyone want to cheer after a tremor, I wondered.

"You can get a better photograph for the certificate of damages," she explained!

True, but...and God kept the aftershocks away from the highway or gasoline sources to keep the way open for our trip to Koriyama.  Lord, if You want us to get back to Iwatsuki, let us trust You to keep the tremors away from the highway for the next two days; and even if  You allow them to rip up the roads, let us continue to trust you, knowing You have a greater purpose for having us stay there.