I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

April 12, 2011

June's Jingling

I wondered about a way to end a rhyme with "rigor mortis" ("Tomoko Tortoise", Sept. 11, 2010 post); I looked for something else that rhymes with "tortoise" and found: "aqua fortis", an acid used especially in the production of fertilizers and explosives and rocket fuels...how in the world could I use words like that?
The above is part of a post I started writing last year. I had no idea a part of my everyday life a few months away would include terms like nuclear energy, radiation, aftershocks, etc.....
Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant
Explanation of Radioactive Water Dump
God knew, however. And I'm pretty sure the One Who maintains order of galaxies and orbits of planets was not caught unaware by ripples of earth's crust. Also, His utter love for us mortals is so great, He at times risks losing ours in order to do what is eternally best for us.


My "love"? I find it hard to do the best thing for my kids, if they wouldn't understand why it was necessary, if they would resent it being done, if they would hate me for doing it. And my "power"? I think I'll stick to rhyming with "hare" instead of "tortoise"....