![]() |
| Turtle-ish Pancake |
I was making pancakes for the meal...a special kind, with apple slices in the batter. At first, it stuck to the pan. So I decided I'd have the torn-apart one and give better ones to the family. And I decided to wash the pan and use oil this time so pancakes wouldn't stick.
Then my son said he wanted his WITHOUT the sliced apples, because he wanted to have his with a chocolate cream topping. So I finished making up the pancakes with apple then proceeded to make a whole new batch of plain ones. Well, when I hurriedly made these for my son who'd been waiting awhile, I forgot to add oil...and you guessed it; it kinda stuck, folded, then ruffled when I went to turn it, resulting in a turtle-like confection. I was frustrated at first. I'd wanted to make special pancakes and flopped royally.
Then the humor of it all hit me: I'd been reading a book a few minutes earlier, thinking about the necessity of Christians being Spirit-empowered to give out the Gospel. But here I was, upset...because I couldn't get out a pancake meal!
I am so glad, I said to myself (smiling by now), God never gets bent out of shape when I do.
