I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

March 27, 2011

Broadcasting Admissions of Unhappiness (written originally Mar. 6)

I went out last week down the "Whispering Way" and got a little depressed.  There was no water in the creek.  It wasn't that the water level was low, or that there was barely no water in there...it was absolutely dry and had been for quite awhile.  When I got home, Kinya explained it's done on purpose--the water is stopped--to prevent problems when it freezes over.  Come to think of it, there was snow on the banks, and it was collllld out.

There was a basketball sitting in a place that used to be a flowing stream, now a dry patch of cobblestone.  "Hey, this is supposed to be a RIVER; you don't belong here!"  I felt strangely insulted and scolded the ball, toed it out.  There was a person watching.  He didn't say anything to the madman talking to the ball; (you never know; I could've been carrying a knife, after all, ready to slash anybody who got in my way) he stayed away.

I didn't realize how readily I do that: when I think something's not right, I respond with action that is NOT going to make others want to get any closer and listen to me about anything.  I may be the first person I need to convince of how rich I really am to belong to Infinite God.  Maybe then when things that aren't what I think they should be, my response won't result in driving others away.