I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

October 11, 2010

Quenching, Tried and True

Incidentally, "Overheard in an Orchard" was part of yesterday's reading in Streams in the Desert, by L.B.Cowman.


The hymnal (Inspiring Hymns) I mentioned yesterday was one of the things my Dad sent up once a few years ago that, I think, transformed much of my devotions. I love Streams and other devotional books, but the hymnal has helped..."add sugar and salt" to my time with the Lord. Here's a pic of the inside front cover.  Can you believe they cost so little back in the 60's-70's?! I'm dating myself.

I added a pic to yesterday's blog of the hymnal's title page with Alfred Smith's name...did you see it?  Incidentally, he did go to be with the Lord in 2001; the time I heard him sing in was in the 80's.