I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

September 23, 2010

Sound of abundance of rain


microwavable!
 Today was the day for Mr. Bishop's welcome at the campground.  Lunch was potluck.  I was going to take an instant teriyaki dish and go.

But rain and lower temperatures contributed to a stiffness/soreness in my back I haven't felt for awhile and have resulted in keeping me home for the day.  I'm hoping there won't be a combination of rain/cold on Sunday, because I really want to get out to church then, when Mr. Bishop will be coming again and speaking at our special evangelistic services.  It seems my body scrunches up when it gets cold, and the wet from the rain doesn't have a very kind effect on it then.  I don't actually know the medical reason, I just know that even if it's raining, if it's warm out too, it doesn't seem to affect me so badly.

A few moments ago, another church member asked how my son was doing, fever and all.

Fever?  He's not sick, I told her.  She had been told that I couldn't attend campground activities today because he was running a temperature.

Rain Again!
At first, I couldn't figure out how that information could've gotten to her.  Then, slowly but surely (yes, I'm sounding like that tortoise, Sept. 11 post), it began to filter down from my memory of this morning's call when I told Pastor Tajima I wouldn't make it.

On the phone, I had said I couldn't go today because of rain and.  With the sound of the rain, with static disturbance, or with noise in the room, it had sounded like Raymond.  And when I'd mentioned about how it didn't bother me so much when the Temperature was high, somehow, it got garbled up so that what was communicated was that Raymond was the one with the high temperature!

God can send quenching blessing.  But we humans are so gifted in mixing it up, aren't we?

I should've known better than to phone the Tajima home.  I wasn't sure anybody would be at the church so had phoned the house, but there are three Tajima grandchildren there now, and all are able to emit delightful/distressing/distracting sounds, so I really should've tried calling the church first.