I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

January 12, 2013

Worth Looking Into

This is part of a journal entry:

The other morning, I know the first thing I did to start the day was to open my laptop--I had to check caffeine content of tea vs. coffee, of all the ridiculous things life might bring across my path. I ended up opening the Devotions for Busy Women book later. Oh, the ease with which I slide God off the top throne and place Him second! And my New Year's resolution was that I would keep my eyes plastered on Him, another way of saying I would start every day looking in His Word.

Cup o'Caffeine?
I remember hearing a believer speak of having, as her waking thought every morning: "Oh I am loved! God loves me!"  I also read a prayer of a person going to sleep at night, asking God to let him "awaken into Love". O that God would do so for me too.

For any who are interested, tea has more caffeine per weight than coffee, but because so much less is used per serving and tea is steeped differently, caffeine consumption ends up being higher with a cup of coffee.  ...  Anyone want to take a guess which is the better way to start the day: looking into caffeine content or looking into the face of God?  Why, when it is so apparent, do I choose to do what I do?

I am running into difficulty adding a photo to this post.  I don't know why; I haven't had problems before.  I'm going to go to bed now and will look into adding the pic tomorrow.  AFTER having my get-your-heart-happy-time with God.  G'nite.