I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

January 28, 2013

Four More Days

God's Moonbeams?
Four more days.  Why does the end of the month feel sohhhhh suloww?

The heated pool facility nearby has been closed for repairs all month--something about needing to redo the pool floor so it's not so slippery.  For those who spend most of their time at the pool swimming--which is what most pools are made for--the condition of the floor they rarely touch would mean little, but for me--since the thing I value most about the pool is to be able to go there to walk in it, I value the traction of its floor; that is the very best "remodeling" that could have been done!

Did the practical parallel come to you too?  Yes, sometimes God makes repairs in our hearts and lives, sometimes in areas we think make little difference.  But then something comes into our lives and we realize there could've been nothing better than the tweaking, tune-up, or complete haulover God made sure we got!

I find it hard to believe, but I suppose one day, I will be glad for being made to wait this month to use the pool again

...but I still wish this month would hurry on by!