I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

November 17, 2012

Summer Haze

June 24, 2012--the church moved!
You've heard of jet lag, haven't you?  (Flying across the Pacific may be good--we have means of rapid transportation now to enable that, whereas for Dad, in his childhood days it took two weeks by boat.)  The time change is so abrupt, it often takes the body a few days to adjust.

The day after returning to Japan, we had a wedding, for which my sister did special music.  She stayed through the Bible School's Bible Conference then left for her furlough in the U.S.

But it wasn't just the newlywed who faced a new home; the church was led to a new meeting place.   God had closed other doors to other potential purchases, then opened the floodgates of Heaven to pour in offerings sufficient, in a month, to buy the new property!  God supplied a moving van for a day, cutting down on moving costs.

In the summer, I took over the Bethel English conversation classes my sister left behind.

One of her former pupils, Akemi Sato, said to me, "If it weren't for Joyce, I wouldn't be saved today."  Just a few weeks ago, she sang her first special music in the church worship service, testifying her newfound thrill in Christ.

Oh--I forgot to mention: she does have a lovely voice too!