I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

March 3, 2012

Always, One Day, Never

"God is always up to something good in my life.  Always."  I am listening to a sermon now that states that when we choose to not believe the above, we will run into trouble.  And when we believe it, our hearts will always be at rest.

When I was taking a walk in Koriyama, there was a neighbor's bush that seemed to call to me to come closer, and for some reason, I pushed aside a branch and almost held my breath at the beautiful bloom hidden there.  God must love beautiful things, I couldn't help but think; after all, this flower's beauty was probably being appreciated by no one else but Him.  (But then He loved me enough to let me get a peek of one of His visual treats.)  Oh that He would continue to mould ME to become a treat to Him, too--one day, maybe He would delight in the fact He created me, chose to save me, spent time working on me.  Maybe one day.

pic: Hidden Blessing.  I couldn't help but take a pic!

Please continue to pray for me as I finish working on the NAVIGATOR (the book about my Dad); its eleventh chapter is now being written.

Sweet news: in a special convocation this year May 30, my 91-years-old-to-be-this-July father will be presented with an honorary degree by the University of British Columbia.  Of all the Japanese-Canadian students asked to leave the school the 1941-42 (when Pearl Harbor was attacked) school year, only 15 are still living; and the school wants to honor them this year with the degrees denied them 70 years ago.

It doesn't matter how hidden, how unjust, how heartbreaking, circumstances seem to be; we can know God is up to something far, far better than we could ever imagine.  Nothing is "too bad" for a Christian, Mrs. Wakelin said to my Dad and his friends in the quartet at Millar Memorial Bible School.  Nothing.  Ever.

pic: Daddy at the 90th birthday party the Gushikawa Baptist Church gave him last year.  Thanks, Matt (presently pastoring the church).