I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

June 29, 2011

Specs

Stressed...
  「せっかくメガネあるのに、汚れていたら、何も見えない!」I found myself saying to Kinya a few minutes ago.  (Although I have glasses)--even if God arranged for me to get them at less than 50% normal cost--(it doesn't do me a lot of good if I can't see through them because the lenses are dirty!)

Wiping them clean makes everything clearer, gets rid of a lot of frustration, and feels so...so ahh.  I always wonder why I didn't do so earlier.

Clearer Now
 Even if God procured faith for me for free, it seems I have a habit of keeping perspective clouded with present circumstances and human limitations.  It's when I consciously choose to see God as the big God He is, it seems almost foolish that I could've done otherwise for so long.