I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

March 23, 2011

Rachel & Elisabeth - No Mistake

Rachel Saint went to be with the Lord in 1994.
The picture of my Dad with the Ecuador delegates ("Another Elizabeth", Oct. 12, 2010, post)...that's NOT Elisabeth Elliot with them; that's Rachel Saint, the younger sister of Nate Saint, known as the "Jungle Pilot", one of the five young men who gave their lives.  It was Rachel and Elisabeth's going to the feared Aucas after the killings--not to avenge the death of their loved ones, but to live with them and share God's Love--that opened the hearts of the tribespeople. These two women carried out the desire of the five martyred men: to communicate the Gospel to the Auca Indians.

I get identities confused, but we never have to worry about God slipping up and not accomplishing His purposes, do we?