I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

October 26, 2010

Where's Wally?...I mean, Where's the Birdie?

I don't know how many posts have mentioned my not being able to zoom in on birds, with my inexpensive camera. So most sparrows look really, really small in my pics.

Can you find the sparrows in these photos? If you click on the pic, you should be able to see an enlargement (you should be able to see three of them without the enlargement, though).

"His Eye is on the Sparrow" is one of my favorites, of all the songs my sister Joyce sings. The summer after my sophomore year in college, I was in Tennessee, and I still remember one Sunday morning, sitting in the worship service pew, thinking, "I wish I could hear Joyce sing 'His Eye Is On the Sparrow'". And guess what was sung that morning for special music?

That morning, the last few words of that song sounded out clearly for me: "and I know He watches me!"