I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

October 26, 2010

It LOOKED Like A Tree

See that large tree behind the bush?

Well, whadda ya know?!
 On one of my walks, in front of the Girls' College entrance, I noticed a bush.  "Behind" the bush, well, on the other side of the driveway in front of the entrance, I could see a large tree.  I didn't know how old it was, but it must have been very old, because it was very very tall.  The boughs spreading out from it at the top made it apparent that it had been growing for a very long time (yes, I know; I used "very" four times in two sentences; bad writing!)

But then I stepped to the other side of the bush, and walked out onto the street in front, looked back at that "tree".  It really had not been a tree, after all; it had been a row of trees!  I had just seen it from the side, and all the boughs looked like it came from one tree.   They were all "very old trees"; they had all been around for a long time; and their boughs all grew sideways at the same height so that from a distance, at the right angle, you couldn't tell them apart!

I hear that married couples start looking alike...because after a while, they start thinking alike too.  Kinya and I are so different.  We've been married for 23 years now, but it feels like we only got married last November...so that would make it almost one year now.  I wonder, after we've "been around together" for a while, will we start looking alike too?

But I really have no excuse when it comes to--I should have taken on Christ's way of thinking after all these years.  I wonder, would I look like Him if you saw me at the right angle?