WE'RE GOING TO OKINAWA!
It was a sudden development, but my Dad had a slight accident; Kinya will be finishing up the work he'd started before he was indisposed. Dad suggested I go down to see his photos/prayer letters as well as to ask questions and work on the book while we were there; and since it was summer vacation, my son Raymond wouldn't have to be in school, so to bring him along too--they (my parents) haven't seen him in awhile.At first, Raymond wasn't too happy, but he's slowly giving in to the inevitable--"resistance is futile"--I think. We'll be staying in Dad's home, in living quarters downstairs behind the garage. Dad wanted us to think about staying for two weeks, but Raymond's fall semester starts Aug. 25, so we'll be leaving Aug. 17 and getting back Aug. 24.
God--our God, Who owns the cattle on a thousand hills (do you know that song?)--took care of ALL the finances. More on that later. It really looks like He wants this visit to happen NOW.
Would you pray with me about the concrete work on the book while we're down in Okinawa? There's a lot of work to be done, too much for two weeks, but our God is able to cram it into one!
I am sorry about the only picture I could find for this post. It was taken several weeks ago to show how short my hair has been cut, and I don't have time to go taking pictures now, so it'll have to do!