pics: part of Dad's bookshelf, & my facial reaction to Daddy's offer. Sorry it's such a blurry shot--but you can see I'm not at all troubled at the thought, can't you?
What I like about the books Daddy recommends is that they are not difficult technological expositions. Everyday Christians like me can understand them and get bubbling over in realizing how rich we really are. Well, actually, the best books cause the reader to want to put them down and read "the Book thou lovest best", to find their own joythrobs there.
The first time I remember something like this happening was when I was in college. The book included words of amazing advice from the mother. When I finishing reading the book, I found myself wishing: "I want to meet the writer's mother!" The next time was right after reading a book in which the main character fell hopelessly in love with Jesus after reading about him for the first time in the Bible; then, heartbroken when Jesus died, he cried. Of course, he was overjoyed when Jesus rose again! When I put the book down, I realized I wanted to read the Gospels, to see what that boy had seen that must've evoked those responses in him.
pics: Entering the doorway, walking into the living room--you see pictures wherever you look! Daddy says there are many more unmounted photographs. The book won't be lacking for visuals, anyway!
Oh--the post's title? To be real honest, this morning, I worked several hours on the book; I'd just finished writing in this blog when I got a tummyache a few minutes ago, and I was feeling too tired to look for a good title for this entry. I left the room to take care of a little business, and when I came back, the thing that popped into my eyes was a box of macaroni and cheese waiting to be prepared for the meal, so....



