The path I most often take is called "Seseragi no Komichi", or "Path of Whispers", which runs alongside a man-made stream. It has bridges, wooden walkways, benches on the side,...even a waterwheel!
When the Path was first made, small fish were released into the water, so that was a pretty sight too. Although with rain, leaves collect in the water--which turns into an ugly muddy brown--the city regularly sends cleaning personnel to tidy up the mess, affording people like me scenic strolling all-year round.
I really should be more grateful, shouldn't I, for God's regular tidying-up of the mess I make of my life. Unless I would prefer He left me alone and let my heart stay cluttered with unnecessary hangups, let my conscience stay muddied with motivation blind spots, that is.
Last weekend, I took a different route to do my shopping. I decided to be fair, I really needed to send you some pictures of downtown Koriyama...so that you know I don't really live in a land of only budding blossoms, babbling brooks, and whispering paths. I saw more--many more--tombs and temples, but I didn't think blog readers would be interested in seeing any more, since two of my first five blogs were about them already. So I resisted the urge to photograph them. But more on those pics later.
THIS post's pics: Well-peopled path, Can you see the bench?, Strolling Stream, & Waterwheel!