
It rained today. Here's
the view from our front door; you saw earlier what it looked like last week with the snow. It's the exact same place! Wouldn't you say it looked a lot better with the snow? The blanket of white covered a multitude of sins!
And on a rainy day, I decided not to go out for my daily walk. Yesterday, I'd taken inventory of what was available in the kitchen for meals too, so that there was no grocery shopping necessary today (the weather forecast had been for rain today, and I certainly didn't want to walk out to the store in it!)

Most people read books on rainy days. The pictured book is one I no longer have--I returned it to my Dad when I saw him last month. It's part of a commentary on Romans by Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Dad's favorite author. This is one of the things my Dad does for me from time to time--sends up good reading material (I ask him for it, when we talk on the phone, when he sounds excited about something he's found. Usually, since it's the -nth time he's read it, he'll send it to me. As you can see by the dates of his notes, he's read this chapter at least...17 times!) He told me once about a message he preached and got all excited about having to relate a precious, precious truth that all Christians really should know. I asked him for the sermon notes that time too, and sure enough, he sent them up. I spent I-don't-know-how-many-minutes in tearful thanksgiving over the material presented there. Oh--as you can see from this book, Dad writes in his notes also in the Japanese to be able to share it in Japanese too.
pic: Worth Getting Excited About