I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

May 28, 2010

Cleanup After Rain

Today's posts are actually in reverse order. The one below told you about what happened today, and this post will tell you about yesterday.

It's been raining quite a bit here in Koriyama. April showers are supposed to bring May flowers, but we're getting both at the same time! Yesterday, it wasn't raining, so I went out for my walk. After rain, with the silt on the bottom of the creek and the leaves making a mess everywhere, the beautiful "Whispering Walk" looked more like a "Whimpering Way".

pic: after the rain

But, as I mentioned in a previous post, the city sends out cleaning crew to regularly do away with the disarray and endeavors to keep the Path a picturesque and pleasant one. Before, I remember seeing motorized pumps to clean the water. Now, it seems the water is stopped entirely while the leaves are removed and path cleaned--the waterwheel wasn't moving, and there was only an ebbing flow in the brook--and when the water is turned on again, the pleasing walk is renewed. I wonder, how many times does God have to "stop up" our rivaling sources of pleasure to clean up our hearts and give us the revival we so need?



pics: city worker, extracted leaves, stopped waterwheel, Paradise restored