I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

January 10, 2014

His

"This is my Father's World."  Janae Gonnerman and I will be playing this song for a piano-violin duet for worship service Jan. 26th.

Father doesn't need a house there anymore...
Kinya came back from a walk today with a special photo.  The reason why he took it is because I'd heard our former house--the one we were evicted out of 2 years ago--had been torn down to make room for a road construction project; and I happened to say I really wanted to see it.  Well, Kinya went over there today and took a pic so there would be something to look at in the event I didn't get over there before the road was built over it and there would be nothing to see.

I mentioned in past posts how God moved us close to our present church location--actually pretty far away from our first home here--and had the government pay for the move, because they wanted to do road construction.  (Incidentally, they ended up helping finance my sister's move down to Okinawa too!)  This is the spot our former house used to be.  And Kinya managed to photograph it in such a way that rays from the sun simply seemed to say, "This is my Father's plot."

Something I realized I forgot to mention: when we first came to Iwatsuki, the city hall, occupying a 5-story building, was quite a distance away, and there was no way to get there but by car.  Our family was on welfare for over half a year when we first moved down to Iwatsuki after the earthquake and needed to make frequent visits there.  Well, the Lord engineered conditions so that it seemed economically wiser for the entire city hall to move into a building...about 5 mins.' walk from the former church location, so I could walk over whenever necessary.  God can easily move a small family unit of four OR a large human organization occupying several stories--what a mighty God!

This IS my Father's World.  And there will come a day when every knee will bow in acknowledgement of our Creator's Sovereignty.  Won't it be good then to know: He is My Father!