Again, it has been almost a month now since my last post...
And several days ago, it was 12-12-12 and would have been a fun date to post, but I missed my chance. Aren't you glad God never "misses a chance"?
He "slumbers not, nor sleeps"! (Ps. 121:4)
Even while we "miss our chances", God is wide awake and perfectly aware of what is going on. He never wrings His Hand that something awful happened beyond His ability to weave it into something good to suit His purposes. Isn't that awesome?
When God moved us here to Honmaru, there was a neighborhood doctor's office or 診療所, just around the corner, maybe 3 minutes from home. But when I read the sign on the front door, it seems they shut down the place 2 years ago! Oh well, I thought; there's another clinic around the corner from there and on the other side of the street; I'll go there instead. And I found a shortcut, making it just as close as the first place. But it seems the doctor's specialty made him hesitant to prescribe my medicine regularly, and he thought I could get what I needed elsewhere.
| Daido Doctor's Office |
Why did God bring us to an area where the two clinics nearby would not give me the treatment I needed, I wondered. But recently, God has been opening my eyes to a facility across the street from the first doctor's office. It has an indoor heated swimming pool and sauna, and I was told pool walking is the very best thing for my weak back.
This week, Noney Mita treated me to a visit there. It felt SO good to be able to exert myself and feel absolutely no discomfort whatsoever! It has been over ten years since experiencing something like this. Playing on school sports all-star teams is a mere memory incongruent to my present way of life. While pool walking, I tried hard to remember to swing my arms, pick up my knees, take large strides...but I was enjoying myself so much I forgot--probably every other step--and found myself making awkward motions through the water, sometimes even almost bumping into the side wall or division floaters for the next lane. It must have been a sight that would make onlookers wonder if I had just had surgery and was learning to walk again. But it felt good. So good. "Oh God, thank you, thank you, thank you!"
| After Pooltime |
It seems pool walking will be good to strengthen my back muscles; and who knows--God might've had us move to Honmaru because He knew there was seed-planting to do here (I found out this morning my two new students in English conversation class are members of a Monday morning swimming class at this pool too!)
Incidentally, the route to the pool actually makes it closer than the two clinics!