I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

November 6, 2012

I Have Returned...Finally!

It's been seven months since I last wrote...and so much has happened.  Hang on, as I'll write, for this post, a summary first, and following posts will give more detail, ok?


Let's see....  In early Spring, the city office asked us to move out of our present apartment (due to road construction they want to do in the area), promising financial help to do so.


Daddy Receives Degree
At the end of May, I went on a special trip to Vancouver, Canada, where my Dad, in a special graduation "with 75 others", received an honorary degree...belated 70 years.

In June, my sister left for the U.S. for her furlough--she is due back next March.  Her last special music before leaving was at a church wedding.

Summer, I began substitute teaching the English conversation classes she left behind and coordinating the church's music program.

July, Bethel Baptist Church moved to its new location.  The former location was only 15-20 minutes' walk away, but the new place is 35 minutes from Namiki.  I was given rides every week, however, and even participated in the Vacation Bible School.


former Iwatsuki Castle site
Although our family was going to wait to move until my sister returned from the U.S., it seems God had other plans in mind.  In August, our new apartment hunt began, and by September 5, we moved into our new abode. 



 
--enough of the summary for now.  Everything sounds so bland when listed like this.  Seasoning will be added in posts to come!