I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

January 26, 2012

P.P.P.1

(Posting Past Pics)...(and Pride and Path of Pssts)
--------------------------------------------

Our last water bill was exorbitantly high.  So high, in fact, the concerned water company attached a memo to the bill suggesting we check for...meter malfunction?  a leak in the pipes?  I think we just used too much and need to be more careful.

Now there's enough water for the waterwheel!
We had to be careful last year, for several days after the March 11 quake, when we did not have running water.  But because the bathtub had been filled just before the water was turned off, we had plenty to flush the toilet and wash dishes.

The pipes at Koriyama Baptist Church had not been broken during the earthquake, so they had water.  They gave us--and any who wanted some--several 2-liter containers to take home to drink. There was water being distributed at the park, but we never had to go get any because we had enough at home.

I am trying hard to picture someone refusing to take water because it was being given out for free--I doubt even one person did that during the days following the quake, yet isn't that what many of us do when we do not take God's grace?  Oh--there IS a catch: the person receiving the water has to see his need of it first.  It is really a pride issue.

Now, almost a year later, you can walk to that park on "The Path of Whispers"...and there's plenty of water in the man-made stream running alongside it!