A friend once told me about how she pictured God's children pulling carts loaded full of goods and crying out, "No more! Please God; no more!" She was speaking of His many blessings and of our inability to receive them all were He to send them to us. I have sometimes found myself, especially this past month, ready to shout, "NO MORE, GOD!"
I will not be able to relate them all, any more than that person pulling that cartful of blessings. But you'll let me share just one of them, won't you?
Several days ago, God worked it out so that my sister Janice from the U.S. would be able to join me and my sister here to go down to Okinawa next week. This may very well be the last time our family gets together on this side of Heaven. Mileage points flew in from Janice's in-laws, making the cross-Pacific trip possible; and she was on her way across the Ocean only two days after we knew she could come (yes, she had gotten her passport earlier; all she had to do was pack).
In this morning's worship service, after Janice gave a short testimony, we sang "He Hideth My Soul"...as an added testimony in song.
pic: Singing Trio. The church's "Song of the Month" (they learn a new song every month) is "There's Within My Heart A Melody", and the screen above our heads happened to bear the lyrics! Oh--the title of this post is alluding to "A Cross Stitch that Survived the Quake", Aug 4, 2011.)
Oh--one big reason God has to keep sending me blessings is because He knows I do love Him deep down inside but sees I have a problem opening my mouth and muttering sentiments of self-pity/criticism, at times losing control and yelling at my kids/husband. Come to think of it, that happened more this month than before (sheepish grin here). June would fill up her mind and mouth with toxic things...it is a good thing God has a better idea of what to fill it with!
"He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God; many will see it, and fear, and will trust in the Lord." (Ps. 40:3)
I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.
