I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

October 13, 2011

Health Sports Day and Bethel Baptist

The tenth day of the tenth month is a holiday--"Health Sports Day"--in Japan.  Bethel Baptist scheduled a church retreat Oct. 9-10.  We had lunch together at church right after the worship service and went to camp directly after that.  As usual, we had a picnic at the very end.

picnic pic: Jason and Satoko were on opposite sides in the spring retreat photo (June 28, 2011 post); but that was before they were engaged!  That's them sitting together now, on the right side of the pic (Jason has a buzz).  Baptist Mid-Missions missionaries Joe and Noney Mita are the ones up front.  Oh--Yours Truly was the one pressing the camera shutter so is not in the pic..

I am sleeeeeepy; I'll just say the retreat was a super blessing, featuring a DVD called "Amazing Grace", which Satoko's unsaved mother came to see.  Jason headed games; a few believers came from other fellowshipping churches; discussion times were very good; and for this retreat, I was assigned to a western-style room with beds!

I really have nothing to complain about.  Two days before the retreat, Joe Mita had returned to Japan from a counseling seminar in the U.S., and he was still getting over jetlag while heading things!

Now I think I better go press my shutter...I mean, go get some shut-eye.  Nite.