I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

August 30, 2011

Foreboding Has-Been?

"I found a bridge today," Kinya said to me yesterday after returning from a jaunt to the store.  He had gone exploring much farther away than a nearby store and had come across a bridge he had not even known the existence of before.  "And when I crossed it, there was a factory...or what had once been a factory."

He went back there today for the sole purpose of getting photos of the factory remains.  "By the size of the chimney--it was huge--I would say it had been some kind of incineration plant...to get rid of industrial waste, maybe."

I looked at his pictures.  Sure enough, the chimney looked rather foreboding in one photo.

But in another photo a little farther away, it was just part of the scenery, and in the photo taken after he had just crossed the bridge, that huge plant was just a suggestion in the background.



I suppose what seems nothing but intimidating to us peon human beings looking up at it from ground level is worth no more than an afterthought to Creator God.  How good it is to belong to Him!

"The LORD has prepared His throne in the heavens, and his kingdom rules over all."  (Ps. 103:19)