| I begged two more books from Daddy! |
Kinya had bought a burgundy pocket Bible w/wraparound cover and clasp for Emily...but she preferred the one she already had, so I got THIS one! And it hadn't been a Christmas present, something God made sure I got way before then.
When my daughter and sister Joyce visited for the winter holidays, one thing Joyce did was get things she wanted me to have, claiming they were "New Year's Gifts", since I had said "nothing for Christmas". One very practical gift was a pair of glasses to enable me to read...I don't have to hold books out at arms' length anymore to be able to read them!
![]() |
| Squirrel Mug Cup; Silver Pen |
Kinya knew I'm not interested in roses or diamonds or furs but saw me going through a lot of ballpoint pens with all the writing I did so got me a refillable silver pen for Christmas one year. (At first, he told me it never ran out of ink...but that's story for another post.) I went through three refills then misplaced it and had given it up for lost. Well, several weeks ago, Kinya told me he found something under the bed...the pen! "Merry Christmas," he said, as he handed it to me. No fair; we agreed no gifts. (I just gave away what a lousy housekeeper I am. I would have found the pen if I had just cleaned as I should have.)
Yes, some of God's special blessings, I know I do not find because I do not obey as I should. What would I ever do if God were not so Merciful, often wanting to bless me because that is just the way He is?
