I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

October 20, 2010

Endings and Endoscopes

1993, Horsey Swing in Koriyama Park
Have you ever almost completed something then realized you forgot something very important without which you would never be able to finish?  The first draft of the book is nearing the end...then I realized information on the last twenty five years or so is conspicuously missing.  Missing, I realized, because I came up here to mainland Japan, got married, started a family, moved up to Koriyama...so I don't really know what happened in my Dad's life in Okinawa since then!  I mean, I may have heard bits and pieces, but I wasn't down there with him to see it!

So I've decided to write up to the last two chapters then will leave them blank for my sister Joyce to fill me in when she comes up for Christmas.  And I will probably be finishing writing the draft then.

So would you pray with me in rounding up these loose ends...and could I leave you with a few more prayer requests?  I don't know how many of you will be reading this post in time.  Tomorrow morning (Wed. night in the U.S.), I have a series of tests at the hospital, one of them a rather uncomfortable procedure involving gagging on and swallowing an endoscope--I've done this before--and apparently, the medical personnel administering the exam makes a big difference.  Good doctors can maneuver the hose in quickly with the least amount of gagging necessary; other less experienced physicians take longer.  Apparently, the last time, I "happened" to get the best doctor I could've hoped for, I was told later on--thank You God--and my nurse was super too (the kind of nurse I want my daughter to be like someday!)  I wonder who I'll "get" tomorrow?

Would you pray, not only for the personnel of His choice; but also that I be able to relax through the test?  That is supposed to make a big difference too.