* * *
A New Start
I just wanted to record:
My husband Kinya, in Nov. of 2009, after 20 years of being away, finally came back to the Lord. He announced his decision to close down the previous workplace. There are colossal debts to be repaid, and the present loss of income will make this humanly unworkable. But we believe God can do the impossible and will provide for those who trust Him. Our children, now in grades 8 and 12, are both saved, caught up in the present whirlpool of events, and will see also how God works for His own. Kinya, who had been distant from the family for almost 2 decades, has decided to take the position of spiritual leadership God intends for the father of the home. This has been a happy decision, but since it involves fitting into new roles, the adjustment is proving to be a bit uncomfortable as well; so we need to see God's working in this area of our lives too. My relationship with Kinya, the past five weeks, has been a sometimes-turbulent-but-sometimes-beautiful one, which has had the effect of drawing us closer together than we have ever been before. Despite the furious fight Satan is putting up to oppose all this, I do believe God will get the victory and glorify Himself through anything that happens.
pic: The photo was taken Nov. 15, our first day in church together as a family. The following Wed., Kinya and I were able to attend the midweek service together and sing something we'd sung as a duet for our wedding reception, including the words: "As for me and for my house, we will serve the Lord."
_____________________________________________________
This is being written in 2010. I learned how to photograph old photographs to place on my blog, so here's a picture of Kinya and me singing at our reception in 1987. That's Baptist Mid-Missions missionary Joe Mita in the back, who was Master of Ceremonies at our reception. He is pastoring Bethel Baptist Church, where my sister Joyce helps out, the church where my daughter Emily is now a member.
I didn't know if it would be wise to keep this post on the blog, because it would give you the idea we were going to the Lord's House as a family. Most of this blog's readers are familiar with the following state of matters, anyway. Actually, Kinya came to church the two times mentioned above then for psychological reasons, has not been able to attend. So I removed "A New Start" and made it a tentative draft instead, wondering if the day would come I would be able to publish it again. But I'm wondering if perhaps God wouldn't have it put back on the blog now; have readers pray together with me; and maybe we can rejoice together even more AFTER we see Providence's results.
I am not asking for prayer that Kinya return to church as soon as possible, the most natural thing to hope for. Rather, I am asking for prayer that God would keep me trusting in His Sovereignty to work out His will in His way and His time, to revel in His unconditional goodness until then.
There...that is less like Elijah talking about fire from Heaven AFTER the fact, more like Elijah talking about looking between his knees for drought-terminating rain BEFORE clouds appear on the horizon, isn't it?
I guess I really need to call on you for your prayers: prayers for the book, prayers for Kinya and the family: ...and the kitchen sink calls for my presence, as the dishes need to be done.
