I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

September 9, 2010

At Least Three Lenses

Bird Balancing on High-Wire?
Jogger glad for lower temperatures!
This morning, I got out for my walk a little late, and I was afraid it might get too hot (it has gotten rather hot before on the tail end of my walks even when I get out early). But God was good to give me cool weather that lasted the entire walk.


Ready, Aim...Missed It!
When I got near the lake, a handful of wild duck lifted off the surface of the water and flew into the morning sky. I felt the camera in my hand and wished I had turned it on, had posed for the shot, had gotten the pretty picture.
 I have felt the same thing before, right AFTER a carp flashes its beautiful body when leaping out of the water and splashing back in in an instant; right AFTER the sparrow I hadn't noticed on a branch nearby flies out onto telephone wires my cheap zoom lens is not strong enough to reach. I have wished for lenses of stronger magnification, cameras with quicker shutters or quieter operation...for a way to photograph the moments my eye has captured.

It occurred to me this morning: maybe God arranged those moments for ME to enjoy; plus He lovingly equipped ME with lenses-in-the-head sophisticated enough to enjoy them!

"God, who gives to all men richly all things to enjoy" (I Timothy 6:17)


(I asked Daddy about what he did with all his camera equipment.  It seems he disposed of it a long time ago.  Oh well.  My trusty digital camera lens and simple photo editing software are still available.  And my two built-in-the-head lenses too.)