I guess technology can affect choice of vocabulary, can't it?
There's only one thing that will never change. Working on Roy's Navigator has me convinced of that. The God that was at work in 1907 when my Grampa left Okinawa for Hawaii and Canada is the same God that is at work in Dad's life in 2010. And He's still doing the same "exceeding abundantly above" things (Ephe. 3:20).pic: Oshiro family in Ojana, Okinawa living room, 1960's
front row: June, Janice
back row: Daddy, Mommy, Joyce
Did you guess those names? Oh--Joyce made those candles and Christmas tree on top of the piano!
But about vocabulary. Could I call on you for another specific prayer? I came across a writing suggestion:
The conceptual level of the writing must be aimed at a well-educated readership, though the vocabulary is not beyond the reach of high schoolers.I have a hard time writing simply. I used to think I had a large vocabulary; now I realize it's the exact opposite. I don't have large enough of one to be able, when necessary, to choose simpler expressions. So would you pray that God would give me the words He wants in composing Roy's Navigator?
Thank you.