I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

July 20, 2010

中間経過報告 (How the Book's Coming Along...)

Don't ask me why, but when I thought of a title for this post, the above terms came to mind--yes, in Japanese!

I know this is all going to change as the book forms, but the following is to keep me interested in writing and keep you interested in praying:

It looks like there will be Five main sections to the book, which I'll be calling ROY'S NAVIGATOR in this blog, only the first section dealing with the time before commencement of missionary work in Okinawa:
* Queen's Country, King's Business (1921-1950, Canada)
* The Rock I (1950-1960)
* The Rock II (1960-1971)
* Blessings in Transition (1974-1989)
* Time to Reflect (1989-2010)

Every section will probably be broken up into several chapters, including things like:

"Dou Shiyou?" - Sugarbeet Farms of Alberta
Canada's First Japanese Male Public High School Teacher
Forbidden City Rendezvous
Missionary Hit-and-Run
Leper's Prayer, quonset hut to church
Starting in a Condemned Bath House
"That window won't close"
"You worship your ancestors; I worship the Creator of your ancestors."
Baby who wouldn't die
"50 years ago, when Roy was born..."
Changing Horses in the middle of the stream
Goat-Eyed Lady
Metamorphosis - clinic to church
Writing of first narrative
Japanese citizenship too?
Return of Prodigal


Did I give you enough to whet your appetite and keep you praying? Yes, I know; I repeated myself: for emphasis! More updates will be coming later.



Incidentally: Today is July 20, 2010. HAPPY 89TH BIRTHDAY, DADDY!

A recent photo of us:
pic: Oct. 2009, in Hawaii
Front Row: Kimiko Huber, Ruthie Huber.
Middle: Daniel Huber, Janice, Joyce, June.
Back: Micah Huber, Josh Huber, Daddy, Mother.
Yes, all five kids are Janice's!
(Photo taken by Paul Huber, Janice's husband. Thanks, Paul!)