I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

June 6, 2010

Precious in the Sight of the Lord

Something very sad happened yesterday.

Decades ago, a young man had left camp before the last day, burdened for his unsaved friend, and ended up inviting him to church then seeing him get saved. This "young man", now a father of a 10th-grader, died of cancer early yesterday morning. His formerly unsaved friend, my husband Kinya, had planned on going to the intensive care unit to see him...but never got to visit.

Tonight was the vigil. Kinya went to that. His friend had married a Koriyama Baptist Church member, so a handful of church folk who knew her went too.

I know this is not an interesting post; I don't have the energy to compose good writing right now. A myriad of old experiences and feelings--when my in-laws passed away 4 years ago (has it been that long ago already?)--have come back to me in a rush.

I realize that the blow of losing a spouse is on a completely different level than losing an in-law; I can only pray that God's comfort for Takashi's wife, Koh, will be more than sufficient especially now...that she would know His comfort in a deeper, stronger, sweeter way BECAUSE she is in a time of utter need for Him.

Would you pray with me? Please pray for Koh and her son Yukihito--he is saved too--to know God's personal grace in a very real way.

pics: I found some old photos to share with you. Takashi, on very right, one of four comb-in-wax-paper blowers, accompanied by missionary Dan Bishop's musical saw, at a family camp; Takashi and Koh giving testimony in church (Koriyama Baptist) of God's leading them together in marriage, missionary Nobby Tajima in center; Takashi on far right, with wreath around his head, after he and Koh (in yellow) led a crafts seminar for Sunday School teachers. Oh--some of the kids in front are the children of Sunday School teachers, not teachers themselves!


I forgot to add the above pic, from Takashi & Koh's wedding!