I am an MK (missionary kid) and mother of two grown children. Altho' my husband is Japanese (from Koriyama), and we speak Japanese at home, my education (elementary-university) has been in English, so most of my reading and writing is in English too. Last year, we moved to Okinawa and now live in the house my Dad built. I was born in Okinawa--it's been a long time, but I've come home...at last. 2025 August posts are publications put out by wildlife of a Saitama park in 2019.

Archive

April 30, 2010

Why "Tomoko Bug"?

I forgot this might need explanation. To those of you who know me, you know my first name is in English: June, and my middle name is in Japanese: Tomoko. Since some call me "Junebug", but that nickname is widely used, my sister suggested I try "Tomokobug" for various cyberspace identification purposes.

My sister liked this photo, so I thought I'd post it on this blog. I happened to look up while taking a walk, and I saw above my head the prettiest blossoms...seemingly blooming for those who walked under the branch. It was as if God had whispered, "Look up June; up here. See what I have for you?" I pressed the shutter of my digital camera and e-mailed my sister the pic, titled, "God's Tailor-made Blessing".

The blog's website address? A friend and I talked often about butterflies needing to go through a pupa stage before gaining beautiful wings, how we as Christians are also chrysalises until we receive our resurrected, glorified bodies.

"June Chrysalis", she called me. And since bugs and chrysalises are "insect words", I decided to go ahead and use both.

Pic on left: A butterfly christened my walk this afternoon.